Details of the work Christmas Party are now coming out. I’m still not going, but even I have to admit that the directors here are being remarkably generous…
Consider these points :
- The party has been booked at the (apparently good) restaurant at one of the local NT Properties.
- There’s also a disco/dance thing after the meal
- The company has booked the entire place
- Everyone who’s going will be collected by taxi from home, taken to the do, and taxis have been booked to take them home again. That’s paid for.
- The only thing that people attending the do will have to pay for is their own drinks from the bar. All the food and wine at the table is being paid for by the directors.
- People going to the party can leave work in mid-afternoon to go and get ready. They’re also not expected to come in to work the following day ’til mid-morning.
I reckon that’s pretty generous, and I’m not even going!