Year EndPosted: Tue 31 December, 2013 | |
Here we are, at the end of 2013. It’s been an eventful old year, what with one thing and another.
In no particular order – and probably leaving out a load of lesser stuff – my 2013 has consisted of…
- Having Mondeo kill itself in the outside lane of the M1 – always an interesting experience
- Renting a Renault Megane for two weeks – the shittest car it’s ever been my displeasure to drive
- Buying the Saab as a replacement for Mondeo, and it’s done well so far. Handing back the Megane was also an absolute joy
- Countless meetings all over the country
- Completing my bankruptcy period – it stays on the record for four more years, but it’s discharged now
- Being made redundant from the job I started the year with
- Going back to contracting and
- getting the first job I applied for – indeed, they offered it to me at the interview, and wanted me to start immediately
- And the second – although it turned out to be shit
- And indeed the third – on that one they offered after phone interview, without even meeting me
- Forming my new company, which will start trading from mid-January
- Sorting out an ISA savings account – which actually has some money in it!
- Continued writing, and getting some ideas out onto keyboard/paper – time will tell how successful that stays
- Been able to purchase some stuff I didn’t have in the new house – like a proper bed-frame, etc.
- Caught up with friends, some of whom I hadn’t seen in far too long
- Attended two weddings – and another one’s already booked for 2014
All told, it’s been pretty busy, somewhat hectic, highly changeable, and not a bad year at all. Sure, things could have been better/smoother, but when all things are considered, I’d say it’s been a positive year.