Leisure MileagePosted: Sat 31 May, 2014 | |
Over the last couple of weeks, I’ve covered over a thousand miles just for social stuff.
Last weekend (the Bank Holiday) was notably mental, even by my standards. It involved :
- Friday. Go to work, come back at lunchtime, drive down to the O2 to see Nine Inch Nails in concert, and drive home. Home at 1am.
- Saturday. Drive down to Tunbridge Wells for a friend’s birthday do. Enjoy that, not drink much, then think “sod it” and drive home at the end of the night rather than sleeping in a tent. Home at 1.30ish.
- Sunday. See the parents for a fleeting visit, just so we all know that each other is alive.
- Monday. Drive over to Brentwood to meet up with friends. Drive home.
All told, that little lot amassed some 750 miles – and meant I travelled the same section of M25 (from M1 round to Dartford Crossing, or thereabouts) no less than three times in four days.. And then a meeting on the Tuesday down in Hampshire.
This weekend is a little bit calmer, but still consists of
- Friday. Normal work travel, cinema in the evening, then home.
- Saturday. Into Milton Keynes, collect new glasses and do some other domestic tat. Then drive down to Somerset for a house-warming thing, stopping off at Bristol to collect a couple of train-travellers and get them there too
- Sunday. Come back. (Unsure yet whether that’ll also be via Bristol or not)
- Monday. New job, new office, similar commute to the last month.
And next weekend involves a trip into London to meet up with friends and visit a couple of galleries with exhibitions I want to see.
I must be bloody barmy…