Having whanged on about things from Ten Years Ago, I thought I’d have a quick sum-up of what’s changed in that time as well. It might be interesting, it might not.
So anyway, since Jan 2009 I have…
- lived in five different houses (a couple only short 6-month tenancy things, but still)
- been a lot more settled of late, and now been in the same house for nearly seven years. Which is faintly terrifying
- changed jobs and contracts more times than enough – by my reckoning I’ve done 17 jobs/contracts in that time, but I’ve still probably forgotten at least one.
- been through the whole bankruptcy process from start to finish
- gained three cats
- lost one cat
- changed car. Twice.
- driven lots (and lots and lots) of miles
- Started going to see more plays and theatre stuff
- Been to a whole load of Michelin-starred restaurants (as well as plenty of other places) as part of that whole “solo dining” thing
There’s other stuff as well, but that seems to be the key points, at least. All told, I’m pretty happy with that list – some of it’s not been great, but even those have been better than the alternatives.
I wonder what’ll come in the next ten?