“Quiet” AugustPosted: Fri 25 August, 2017 | |
When this month started, I said it was going to be a quiet one, before the storm that is my September. And of course, me being me, it hasn’t really worked out that way at all.
Instead there’s been several visits to the cinema, a bundle of social evenings with food and the like, catching up with people, three or four London days, and all of that jazz. In some ways I’ve been busier in August that I am in usual months – the difference has been that I’ve been based from home, rather than weekends away.
Looking back, it seems like this is actually pretty much standard – last year was the same, and so was 2015. (although there’s no ‘busy’ post as such, I was still doing a lot of stuff) So that idea of a ‘quiet’ month is… pretty much bollocks, really.
And then yesterday was a late afternoon / early evening visit to the National Burger Day event down in London (which will be a post all of its own, I’m sure). Still to come this month I’ve got another big walk over the weekend, a cinema visit, and a social thingy, and then the idiocy of September, which currently includes (but is not limited to)…
- Meatopia on the Saturday and Sunday (although the Sunday is somewhat based on what’s going to be on, but I haven’t bailed on one yet)
- as well as seeing the Sisters of Mercy on the same Saturday evening. (Yes, I’m a lunatic)
- possibly a pub-crawl of sorts
- Seeing Coriolanus in Stratford-upon-Avon
- Walking a full marathon overnight in London at the end of the month
- Two other concerts as well as the Sisters of Mercy.
So yeah, daftness abounds. As ever.