Leaving 2015Posted: Fri 1 January, 2016 | |
It’s the end of 2015, and for the first time in a long time, it’s been a good year. It’s had its ups and downs for sure, but the general direction has definitely been upwards and positive.
On the ‘ups’ side, we have…
- worked all year on the same contract, which has made things a lot easier
- built up some savings, for the first time in at least a decade
- started up my own company and business, plus laying the groundwork for next year’s developments
- been out to a good range of restaurants, and had a long weekend in Edinburgh
- done some writing, and developed some ideas for working on in 2016
On the ‘downs’…
- When I say ‘worked all year’, I mean it. Holidays and breaks have pretty much not happened. Certainly nothing more than that long weekend in Edinburgh
- I’ve not built up the savings as much as I could/should have – but that’s been down to stuff with the car, the restaurants, and actually having a decent year of non-monastic living
- having my own company again means I also have to deal with HMRC, Companies House, and bastard accountants
- I haven’t actually finished any of the writing things
So it’s all swings and roundabouts, but all told it’s been a good year with a lot of stuff I’m really pleased about and/or proud of.